Recently I’ve used the Meanmenu script on a project to render a mobile menu. This was in SP 2007 and worked great with a little editing of the script for SharePoint as it is originally developed to work with a UL element. SharePoint 2007’s navigation is formed with tables.
Now this all worked on all mobiles including IPhones. Since the IOS 8 update and the release of the new IPhone 6 and 6+ the menu didn’t render on IOS 8 devices. After updating to IOS 8 on my IPad as well I found the same issue.
With a lot of investigation and help from the telerik app developer software I got to the root of the problem. The issue was for some unexplained reason IOS 8 was rendering the navigation with span tags nested in a div. I had to create a separate script that would render this markup to a mobile menu. Problem solved.